View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 04:28 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

Today’s Simple Prayer

Dear God,
Please give me strength when I am weak, love when I feel forsaken, courage when I am afraid, wisdom when I am foolish, comfort when I am alone, hope when I feel rejected, and peace when I am in turmoil.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life.

The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing.

So ............

Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Relationships

Each day, we are faced with the prospect of functioning in several different relationships. Sometimes, we choose these relationships; sometimes, we don't. The one choice we usually have in our relationships concerns our own behavior.Our goal, should be, to behave in ways that demonstrate responsibility for us.

Do we need to detach from someone who we've been trying to control? Is there someone we need to talk to, even though what we have to say may be uncomfortable? Is there someone we've been avoiding because we're afraid to take care of ourselves with that person? Do we need to make an amend? Is there someone we need to reach out to, or show love?

I will participate in my relationships to the best of my ability. I will make myself available for closeness and sharing with people I trust. I will ask for what I need and give what feels right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Control

Most of us have been unwilling to admit we were real alcoholics. No person likes to think he is bodily and mentally different from his fellows. Therefore, it is not surprising that our drinking careers have been characterized by countless vain attempts to prove we could drink like other people. The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“At times fear grips me and I can concentrate only on the anxiety. Then I realize I am in God's care and I need only trust and the fear subsides.” --Michele Fedderly
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: