Administrator

September 12

Prayer for Wisdom

In everything we do, Lord, give us a desire to seek out the truth;
give us a willingness to heed the advice of others;
give us wisdom in reaching decisions;
give us faith to believe in our conclusions;
give us courage to put our ideas to the test;
and, if we prove ourselves wrong, give us the grace to admit it.
Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

"First Things First."

This means that we should always keep in mind that alcohol is our number one problem. We must never let any other problem; whether of family, business, friends, or anything else take precedence in our minds over our alcoholic problem. As we go along in A.A., we learn to recognize the things that may upset us emotionally. When we find ourselves getting upset over something, we must realize that it's a luxury we alcoholics can't afford. Anything that makes us forget our number one problem is dangerous to us.

So ............

Am I keeping sobriety in first place in my mind?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

View of Competition

Although competitiveness can be a good quality, we've seen it become very ugly and destructive. A few like the excitement of competition, but many of us withdraw from it. We hate anything that includes the risk of defeat or might make us appear second best. Sometimes we even feel guilty in winning.

There is a kind of competition that does pay off …… competition with ourselves. We can try to be better people than we might have been yesterday, or a week ago, or a month ago. This kind of competition requires skill and stamina, and it also requires exercise and training. But anybody who sincerely seeks a spiritual life and true self-improvement can find it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most Important Thing

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life.
The most important decision I ever made was my decision
to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life
depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the
world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything
I have, my whole life depends on that one thing. Can I afford
ever to forget this, even for one minute?

~~ Richmond Walker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Nothing is interesting, if you are not interested." ~~ Helen MacInnes
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote