View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 12:34 PM   #125
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Willing to admit faults/Self-righteous

Well I have lots of them, and I have often shared them. Personally, I think there is nothing worse than a self-righteous sinner. I get taken as one, because of my allergy to smoke, all kinds of smoke, not just cigarette smoke.

Most times for me, it is "Been there done it, wore the t-shirt." Just for today, I choose not to go there in today."

I do have freedom of choice. I have had three sponsors (Al-Anon, services, and AA) say they have never met anyone who has done as much work on themselves as I have. Using was never an option for me, as seeing as I had several issues: alcohol, prescription pills, food, relationships, work, computer, sex, etc. to deal with over the years, it has brought a lot of enlightenment and awareness.

As I said to the guy at the Holistic Center last week, I don't know if I just have a problem with letting go or I am just FULL OF SH*T!

It ended up to be a wonderful spiritual healing session. I just prayed and ask for what I needed and asked that any barriers and blocks be taken away.
Written by me on another site in 2014

Willing to admit faults/Self-righteous

Nothing is more off putting to me than self-righteous people, especially if they are 'sinners' and have done it before and have a holier-than-thou attitude. The only thing worse is condescension.

I am willing admit faults, sometimes too willing and some of it I could keep to myself. Some may think it is too much information, but I know that I am only as sick as my secrets.

Honesty is one of the spiritual principles of the first Step. I think it is needed for the other 11 too.

I know I have trouble with my eating. Before I didn't want to eat, now I seem to want to eat all the time. There has to be a happy medium. I need to make healthy choices, but I am afraid, some do not measure up.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote