View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 2

THE HARD PART – TO PAUSE

"...We pause when agitated or doubtful and ask for the right thought or action." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 87

"Rescue me from my enemies, O God." Psalm 59: 1

For what it’s worth: When I was under the influence of alcohol and resentments, I was convinced I had many enemies. Fortunately, when a Higher Power and the Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous gave me sobriety and ability to open my soul to self-examination, I learned I am my own worst enemy. I see how I am defeating myself when I rush straight into rough waters, reacting my way and relying on my own “power”, without any concern for my God’s will. So, each new day, I pray to be rescued from myself throughout the day. At night, I inventory how well I did. On those many days when I do not do well, I talk with my Heavenly Father about what corrections to make the next day. And, the next morning, I ask Him to help me “pause when agitated or doubtful and ask for the right thought or action.” The “pause” is the hard part for me.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: