View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

A Way

"Alcoholics are experts at not being able to see their own illness. They are often the last to admit that they have a drinking problem.

"Help is available, but you must make the decision to ask for it.... [In A.A.] you will simply meet men and women who have found a way to free themselves from their dependence on alcohol and have begun to repair the damage it has done to their lives. Such freedom and recovery can be yours, too."

A.A. for the Woman (A.A. Pamphlet P-5), pages 8 and 9

When I came into recovery, it was so nice to know that I wasn't alone. My thoughts were not original, and I was only unique in my journey to get to the doors of recovery, I was not so unique in the fact that I was the only one who had gone through what I did in their life.

What I say is not only my words, only the interruptation of what I heard around the tables at meetings, listening and sharing with others. My best thinking got me here. Sharing that thinking, allows me to let go and make room for new thoughts to come in. When I learn to identify instead of compare, I know I am in the right place.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote