View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Be an Encourager

Be an Encourager

She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her. —Proverbs 31:12

This woman comforts her husband and does him good as long as there is life in her. Many marriages could be saved from divorce or disappointment if a woman would take the initiative to begin comforting and complimenting her husband. The husband also has the same responsibility, but if he is not doing it, I encourage you to be willing to step out and be the first to make a move in the right direction for your marriage. A spiritually mature woman will be the first to do what is right even if nobody else is doing so. A wise, understanding, and prudent wife is a gift from the Lord (Proverbs 19:14).

We notice in our reading of Proverbs 31:10–31 that there is no mention of what the husband does other than that he praises his spouse and is well-known in the city because of his fine wife. I believe if you take the first steps of obedience, then God will also deal with your husband and you will see positive changes in him. I also believe it will increase your own level of confidence. When we compliment others, we begin to see ourselves in a better light also.

Lord, help me to be the one who takes the initiative to encourage and compliment and comfort. In all my relationships, may I be the first to give, whether or not I receive the same back. Amen.

From the book The Confident Woman Devotional: 365 Daily Devotions by Joyce Meyer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links