View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 05:11 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 3

Getting Help While Still in Denial

I did not want to go to the hospital. I didn't want to get help. I had a couple of close friends who were the ones to actually drag me into the car and drive me there. It was a bad scene at the hospital, because they had to call security when we arrived. Four or five guys had to come out and physically drag me inside and then hold me down when I got there.

My journey to sobriety was difficult, and I didn't want to go there at all. I guess you could say I was in denial about how bad things had gotten. But it was good to have those kinds of people in my life - people who knew that something was wrong, that I needed help, and how to get me there. Honestly, I don't know if I would still be here if it weren't for them.

So I am definitely thankful to them for putting me - reluctantly - on this path that I'm so grateful to be following today.

Today I will be grateful for those who have helped me on this sobriety journey.

~John K., U.S. Navy, 2005–2009

Today's reading is from the book Leave No One Behind: Daily meditations for Military Service Members and Veterans in Recovery*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: