View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 10:52 PM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 21

Practice of the Day-
BB pg 42-
Ch 3, More About Alcoholism:
“Then they outlined the spiritual answer and program of action which a hundred of them had followed successfully. Though I had been only a nominal churchman, their proposals were not, intellectually, hard to swallow. But the program of action, though entirely sensible, was pretty drastic. It meant I would have to throw several lifelong conceptions out of the window. That was not easy. But the moment I made up my mind to go through with the process, I had the curious feeling that my alcoholic condition was relieved, as in fact it proved to be.

-Tom- Early Sobriety, was the hardest thing I have ever done my entire life. Fortunately for me, I had sober men in my life that told me it would be extremely hard, but completely worth it
Many people are under the misconception that getting sober and staying sober will be a bit difficult but not too hard. Soon, they find, that is not the case.
I have never really done anything half ass in my life, for long. Sobriety would be no different. I would choose to either be “in” or “out”, commit fully or continue down the path that got me to my bottom.
I committed myself to doing what my sponsor said and all 12 steps of AA, with the intent of proving to y’all that this program would not work for a person as damaged and broken as me.
With that intent, I got sober.
I pray that today I have the Strength to Commit to the Process of sobriety, fully.
With My Last Breath.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote