View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 06:12 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 16

Practice of the Day-
BB pg 132-133-
Ch-9- The Family Afterward:
Everybody knows that those in bad health, and those who seldom play, do not laugh much. So let
each family play together or separately, as much as their circumstances warrant. We are sure God wants us to be happy, joyous, and free. We cannot subscribe to the belief that this life is a vale of tears, though it once was just that for many of us. But it is clear that we made our own misery. God didn't do it. Avoid then, the deliberate manufacture of misery, but if trouble comes, cheerfully capitalize it as an opportunity to demonstrate His omnipotence.

-Tom- The one sentence that stands out the most to me is:
“We are sure God wants us to be happy, joyous, and free.”
Notice we are talking about what God wants us to “Be” not “do”.
Being Happy is an inside job. If my happiness is dependent on you, then I will only be happy when you want me to be. That is called Co-dependency.
Being Joyous is an inside job. I can choose to be joyous. The fact that I am alive and didn’t wake up with the obsession to drink today is a joyous occasion.
Being Free. I can choose to be Free today because I have the working tools of the 12 Steps, my Higher Power, Sponsor, Purpose and the Fellowship.
I pray that today I have the Willingness to continue to trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links