View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 10:55 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

Practice of the Day-
BB pg 44-45-
Ch 4- We Agnostics:
If a mere code of morals or a better philosophy of life were sufficient to overcome alcoholism, many of us would have recovered long ago. But we found that such codes and philosophies did not save us, no matter how much we tried. We could wish to be moral, we could wish to be philosophically comforted, in fact, we could will these things with all our might, but the needed power wasn’t there. Our human resources, as marshaled by the will, were not sufficient; they failed utterly.
Lack of power, that was our dilemma. We had to find a power by which we could live, and it had to be a Power greater than ourselves. Obviously. But where and how were we to find this Power?
Well, that’s exactly what this book is about. It’s main object is to enable you to find a Power greater than yourself which will solve your problem...........

-Tom- after reading those paragraphs with my sponsor he asked me, “is it obvious to you that you need to find a Power greater than yourself in order to live?” I thought about it, to me it was a silly question because I had burned my life into the ground and destroyed the only people that I truly Loved, trying my best, on my own power. I said yes, it is obvious to me. He said ok, good, let’s keep reading.
I can ask myself, is it obvious to me that I need a Power Greater than myself, in order to Live. If the answer is yes, then Continue practicing the rest of the 12 steps. If the answer is no, then call your sponsor, that will begin the process.
I pray that today I realize the only problem in my life is staying connected to My Higher Power, then He solves my problems.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote