View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 05:00 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 3

A Prayer for a Child

From here on earth, from my small place, I ask of You way out in space:
Please tell all men in every land what You and I both understand.
Please tell all men that peace is good.
That's all that need be understood in every world in Your great sky.
We understand. Both You and I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

A drinking life isn't a happy life.

Drinking cuts you off from other people and from God. One of the worst things about drinking is the loneliness. And one of the best things about A.A. is the fellowship. Drinking cuts you off from other people, at least from the people who really matter to you, your family, your co-workers, and your real friends. No matter how much you love them, you build up a wall between you and them by your drinking. You're cut off from any real companionship with them. As a result, you're terribly lonely.

So ............

Have I got rid of my loneliness?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Religious Freedom

We each have the freedom to define, and understand, our Higher Power - God - as we choose.
It means that we do not try to impose our religious beliefs, or our understanding of God, on anyone else. We do not try to force the particulars of our religious beliefs on others. We give each person, the right to a personal understanding of God/ Higher Power and ourselves.

I will respect other people's understanding of God, as well as my own. I will not allow others' judgment of my beliefs to cause me anxiety and distress. I will seek to grow spiritually with or without the assistance of a particular religion or denomination. This is real religious freedom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unity

Practically never have I heard a heated religious, political, or reform argument among AA members. So long as we don't argue these matters privately, it's a cinch we never shall publicly. As by some deep instinct, we AA's have known from the very beginning that we must never, no matter what the provocation, publicly take sides in any fight, even a worthy one. . . . . . We do not enter into public controversy, because we know that our Society will perish if it does. We conceive the survival and spread of Alcoholics Anonymous to be something of far greater importance than the weight we could collectively throw back of any other cause.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Pages 176-177

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“True religion... is giving and finding one's happiness by bringing happiness into the lives of others.” ~ William J. H. Boetcker
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: