Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Recovery Readings (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Words Of Wisdom 101 (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2629)

willbe275 01-01-2014 03:07 PM

Words Of Wisdom 101

Humility is an absence of pride.
• Pride produces: Anger, jealousy, discontent in life, bitterness and greed.
• Pride comes in levels, levels that compound and worsen as we revel in them.
• Pride is a sickness that infects. It causes shame, isolation, and fear. Pride was the first sin, Adam and Eve sought to be like God, and then experienced the consequences and effects of their pride and sin.

W.O.W101

willbe275 01-02-2014 05:41 PM

What is humility?
Humility is an inner dependence that
renounces to the Lord and ourselves
our attitude of self sufficiency.
• Independence usurps Gods position
as judge of our lives, the lives of others, and of life.
• Humility is intentional, and forces us
to depend on God for everything.
• Before honor and blessing must
come humility and dependence.
Even Christ endured the cross before glory.

W.O.W:170:101

willbe275 01-03-2014 01:07 PM

"Blessed is the man who makes
the Lord his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
to those who go astray after a lie!"

"As for me, I am poor and needy,
but the Lord takes thought for me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
do not delay, O my God!"

willbe275 01-04-2014 12:38 PM

I ask now that You will fill me with Your Holy Spirit, and pour upon me all the blessings of the kingdom of Jesus Christ. Grant me the grace to understand the truth of Your Word clearly, and to apply it in every area of my life. Give me words of hope and life, as You promised. Open and bless my lips so that I can speak to others with authority and power in Jesus’ name. Give me the boldness to be a faithful witness for Christ. Give me a love for all people, and a passion to share the love of Christ with them.:195:

W.O.W:170:

willbe275 01-05-2014 08:26 PM

Humility Prayer

God, I am far too often influenced by what others think of me.
I am always pretending to be either
richer or smarter or nicer than I really am.
Please prevent me from trying to attract attention.
Don’t let me gloat over praise on one hand or
be discouraged by criticism on the other.
Nor let me waste time weaving imaginary
situations in which the most heroic,
charming, witty person present is myself.
Show me how to be humble of heart, like you.:195:

MajestyJo 01-06-2014 02:54 AM

Was told that humility was to "remain teachable." To be open to learning, not think I knew it all, and always to be open to new ideas, thoughts, and concepts and know that the end result was not doing, but my God at work in my life.

Many mix it up with humiliation. We experience enough of that prior to recovery. We need to stop playing God with our life and that of others.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/insects-...flies/0121.gif

willbe275 01-06-2014 11:28 PM

Focusing on what we do is not such a big issue if it flows out of who we are! Eph. 2:10

We should use our debit card because my father owns the account!

He has given me FULL AUTHORIZATION!

It has an UNLIMITED SUPPLY!

Paul prayed prayers:
His prayer focused on enlightenment...
the need to know who we are! Eph. 2:10

His prayer he acknowledge that we belong to the father & he belongs to us! Eph. 3:14; 2:15-16; 3:18-21:195:

willbe275 01-07-2014 12:45 PM

God gave us each the gift of spiritual wisdom, and we
grow at our own pace as we are able. When we learn
to listen to one another with respect, we honor the
God who lives within us.

willbe275 01-08-2014 02:11 PM

“I am Oz, the great and terrible,” the wizard face roared above the flames. “Who are you, whippersnapper?” “I am Dorothy, the small and meek,” she replied. Is that how you visualize your interactions when you dare to speak with God?

God doesn’t merely tolerate your “interruptions” in his daily business. He doesn’t resent your requests. He welcomes them. He commands them. In fact, he tips his hand and lets you know that he is pre-inclined to say yes to you. Here is Jesus’ challenge: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened” (Matthew 7:7,8).

You are not an alien or stranger in God’s presence anymore. Through your faith in Christ you are now family. You belong there. Act like you belong there. Be bold when you pray. Claim your blood-bought identity. You are not irritating God with your chutzpah. You are honoring his invitation and promise.

What do you need right now? Ask! Seek! Knock!:195:

willbe275 01-09-2014 01:29 PM

Many years ago I was extremely negative because of the devastating abuse that had taken place in my past. The result was that I expected people to hurt me, and they did. I expected people to be dishonest, and they were. I was afraid to believe that anything good might happen.

I thought I was protecting myself from being hurt by not expecting anything good to happen. But when I really began to study the Word and trust God to restore me, I began to realize that all of my negativism had to go.

In Matthew 8:13, Jesus says that it will be done for us as we have believed. I believed everything was negative, so naturally many negative things happened to me. I decided I wanted positive things to happen to me, so I started believing positive things, and over time, received positive results!

Are you constantly experiencing negative things and wondering why? It could be time for you to start believing different things. Start trusting God and believing for the best. Then watch as He works things out for you according to your faith.

Prayer Starter: Holy Spirit, I want to get rid of all negativism and start believing for better things. Help me to stir up my faith, believing that You can do great things in my life:195: Author unknown.

willbe275 01-10-2014 01:43 PM

We all fall into the trap of complaining about the things that are wrong. But complaining does nothing except discourage us even more. It changes nothing because there is no positive power in it.

Imagine what a mess the world would be if all God did was complain about everything that has gone wrong since He created it. But the Father doesn't complain. He continues to be good and work for justice. Evil is powerful, but good is more powerful.

We need to stop and realize that God has chosen to work on this earth through His children, you and me. His light is inside us and we can't afford to do nothing. We must let our light shine, no matter what, as we live our lives doing good in His name.

Words of wisdom:170:101

willbe275 01-11-2014 11:23 PM

God is always there for us, we don't have to beg God to love or forgive us.
What we need to live this life with meaning and hope already belongs to
us, and it is given to us unconditionally by the God who never stops loving
us.

Whether I walk in darkness or light, you are there, my God and my Lord.
Thank you.Amen:195:

willbe275 01-12-2014 09:50 PM

The light of God surround us;
The love of God enfold us;
The power of God protect us;
The present of God watches over us;
Where ever we are, God is
And all is Well. Unknown.

willbe275 01-13-2014 12:30 PM

Here are 10 suggestions to help you develop and maintain a healthy self-image.
Read them slowly. Meditate on them regularly.

1. Hate your sin, but never hate yourself.
2. Be quick to repent.
3. When God gives you light, walk in it.
4. Stop saying negative things about yourself. God loves you and it's wrong to hate what He loves. He has great plans for you, so you're in conflict with Him when you speak negatively concerning your future.
5. Never be afraid to admit that you've made a mistake and don't always assume that when things go wrong, or always say, "It must be my fault."
6. Don't meditate excessively on what you've done, right or wrong; both of these activities keep your mind on you! Center your thoughts on Christ.
7. Take good care of yourself physically. Make the best of what God gave you to work with, but don't be obsessed with your appearance.
8. Never stop learning, but don't allow your education to become a point of pride. God doesn't use you because of what's in your head: He uses you because of what's in your heart.
9. Realize that your talents are a gift, not something you have manufactured yourself; never look down on people who can't do what you do.
10. Don't despise your weaknesses; they keep you dependent on God.
Author Unknown.

willbe275 01-14-2014 02:11 PM

Sometimes we focus so much on proving what we believe to be
correct that we miss the amazing truth that God has known us from
the beginning. We never without God at any point of our existence.
We have always been held, loved, and led, and that will never change.
We are God's precious creations, and that alone gives us a future with hope.

You brought me into beings God, and have nurtured my journey and
held me in love. Amen.:195: