Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Six Times We Should Seek God (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4471)

bluidkiti 08-10-2014 11:02 AM

Six Times We Should Seek God

Answers for Each Day

But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul (Deuteronomy 4:29).

In today’s devotional, I want to show you the first three of six times we should seek the Lord:

1. When we have sinned.

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14).

If you sin, do not run from God, run to Him. Do not allow shame to keep you away.

2. When we are feeling dry spiritually.

O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water (Psalm 63:1).

When you sense a distance between you and God, or if you feel dry spiritually, do not delay! Seek Him early.

When my potted plants feel dry, I water them. I do not wait until they turn brown and are almost dead. If the soil is dry and the leaves begin to droop, they are in need of water right then, and so it is when you are feeling spiritually dry.

One of the keys to keeping potted plants—and our spiritual lives—healthy is to tend to them early.

3. When we are fearful.

I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears (Psalm 34:4).

When you are fearful or anxious, it is time to seek the Lord. When you seek Him you can expect to be delivered from all of your fears!

4. When we are in trouble.

In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; my hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; my soul refused to be comforted (Psalm 77:2).

In Hosea 5:15 the Lord says, “…in their affliction they will earnestly seek me.”

I don’t like to admit it, but the truth is that at times I have sought God more earnestly when I have been in trouble. Problems have a way of getting us on our knees. If you are in trouble today – seek Him!

5. When all is well.

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face evermore! (Psalm 105:4).

If you will carefully read the preceding verses of this psalm, you will find that the context is one of blessing and not trouble.

This may be the most important time of all to seek Him. May we never become smug and think that we do not need God when all is well.

6. Continually.

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face evermore!

(1 Chronicles 16:11).

The word evermore in this verse means continually or at all times.

When you have sinned, when you are dry, when you are afraid, when you are in trouble, when all is well, and in any other situation – you need to seek God!

MajestyJo 08-10-2014 06:15 PM

Answers for Each Day

But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul (Deuteronomy 4:29).

In today’s devotional, I want to show you the first three of six times we should seek the Lord:

1. When we have sinned.

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14).

If you sin, do not run from God, run to Him. Do not allow shame to keep you away.

2. When we are feeling dry spiritually.

O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water (Psalm 63:1).

When you sense a distance between you and God, or if you feel dry spiritually, do not delay! Seek Him early.

When my potted plants feel dry, I water them. I do not wait until they turn brown and are almost dead. If the soil is dry and the leaves begin to droop, they are in need of water right then, and so it is when you are feeling spiritually dry.

One of the keys to keeping potted plants—and our spiritual lives—healthy is to tend to them early.

3. When we are fearful.

I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears (Psalm 34:4).

When you are fearful or anxious, it is time to seek the Lord. When you seek Him you can expect to be delivered from all of your fears!

4. When we are in trouble.

In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; my hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; my soul refused to be comforted (Psalm 77:2).

In Hosea 5:15 the Lord says, “…in their affliction they will earnestly seek me.”

I don’t like to admit it, but the truth is that at times I have sought God more earnestly when I have been in trouble. Problems have a way of getting us on our knees. If you are in trouble today – seek Him!

5. When all is well.

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face evermore! (Psalm 105:4).

If you will carefully read the preceding verses of this psalm, you will find that the context is one of blessing and not trouble.

This may be the most important time of all to seek Him. May we never become smug and think that we do not need God when all is well.

6. Continually.

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face evermore!

(1 Chronicles 16:11).

The word evermore in this verse means continually or at all times.

When you have sinned, when you are dry, when you are afraid, when you are in trouble, when all is well, and in any other situation – you need to seek God!

Why limit God?

In those cases you darn well better, or you will find yourself slipping mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, which can lead to a physical relapse. This isn't about just street drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol of any type, but food, work, exercise, computer, and any other mind altering substance. Anything that will take us out of self and allows us to shut down and not accept what is in today.

What do you call sin?

Being less than what your God would have you be?

Is it a sin to be human?

A big sin for me is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We can do that in our daily life.

I no longer walk in fear of God. For so many years I thought I was going to be struck down in the name of sin.

I was a soul in need, looking outside of myself to make me feel better.

In recovery, I learned to stop looking out, up or down, all I had to do was go within and find the Spirit of God there.

I am given freedom of choice. I can choose to go within or without. I have a choice to listen and learn or I can listen and disobey.

Don't look at God with a narrow outlook, He is so much bigger than you think He is.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...zp02TAOMR8rwlw